Residents in each of RTD’s 15 Director Districts will be called at random, through an automated system, and invited to take part in the public telephone forum. Those who choose to join in can learn the latest about current bus and light rail service, RTD’s FasTracks transit expansion program and other projects underway.
These interactive calls will reach out to 450,000 people across the metro area and allow each board director to have a conversation with members of their respective community. Residents can simply stay on the line after answering their phones and they will be automatically connected to the meeting. Anyone who doesn't receive a call, but wishes to participate in the town hall, can dial toll free 1-855-269-4484.
During the session, participants can ask questions to their elected board member and participate in live polls by using their keypad to answer.
"This is a wonderful way to communicate with the public," said Lee Kemp, chair of the RTD Board of Directors. "The response to our initial telephone town halls last year was very positive. Not everyone can come to a public meeting, so this allows us to use innovative technology to go straight to the people in the comfort of their own homes. We encourage everyone who is called to participate, ask us questions and learn more about RTD and where we’re headed."
To determine each district’s boundaries, please visit http://www3.rtd-denver.com/elbert/BoardOffice/boardDistrictMap.cfm.
The schedule for the telephone town hall meetings is:
- June 11, 6:15 p.m.—Chair Lee Kemp with District I
- June 11, 7:30 p.m.—Director Kathi Williams with District K
- June 13, 6:15 p.m.—Director Bill James with District A
- June 13, 7:30 p.m.—Director Angie Malpiede with District C
- June 14, 6:15 p.m.—Director Bruce Daly with District N
- June 14, 7:30 p.m.—Director Barbara Deadwyler with District B
- June 18, 6:15 p.m.—Director Bill McMullen with District E
- June 18, 7:30 p.m.—Director Tom Tobiassen with District F
- June 20, 6:15 p.m.—Director Matt Cohen with District M
- June 20, 7:30 p.m.—Director Larry Hoy with District J
- June 21, 6:15 p.m.—Director Kent Bagley with District H
- June 25, 6:15 p.m.—Director John Tayer with District O
- June 27, 5 p.m.—Director Jack O’Boyle with District G
- June 27, 6:15 p.m.—Director Lorraine Anderson with District L
- June 28, 6:15 p.m.—Director Jeff Walker with District D
FasTracks is RTD’s voter-approved transit program to expand rail and bus service throughout the RTD service area. FasTracks will build 122 miles of commuter rail and light rail, 18 miles of bus rapid transit service, add 21,000 new parking spaces, redevelop Denver Union Station and redirect bus service to better connect the eight-county District. The FasTracks investment initiative is projected to create thousands of construction-related jobs during the height of construction, and will pump billions of dollars into the regional economy over the next 20 years.